Post Secondary Agreements
Faculty members have aligned their courses and competencies with post-secondary programs. As a result of their efforts, students have the option of earning college credit for their work in CTE programs. Credits are fully transferable to other two or four-year institutions. Below is a list of available programs here at the Hugh Gallen Career Center with additional credit opportunities:
- Accounting: 3 credits Accounting I (White Mountains Community College)
- Automotive Technology: 3 credits Introduction to Automotive Technology (White Mountains Community College, Central Maine Community College)
- Broadcast Technology: 3 credits Broadcast Journalism (Lyndon State College, Lyndonville VT)
- Construction Technology: 3 credits exempted Construction Management Program(Southern New Hampshire University)
- Computer Technology: 3 credits IT Essentials (White Mountains Community College)
- Essentials of Finance/Global Commerce: 3 exempted (Southern New Hampshire University)
- Health Science Technology: 3 credits each: Medical Terminology (White Mountains Community College) and Exercise Science (Manchester Community College)
- Teacher/Education: 3 credits Foundations of Early Childhood, Health Safety and Nutrition (White Mountains Community College)
- Pre-Engineering/Engineering-Project Lead the Way (numerous colleges)
- Fire Science (Lakes Region)
Detailed program information
All of the available programs at the Hugh J. Gallen Career Center are listed here with a quick description of each of the classes. Select the program that interests you and take a deeper look at the classes as well as the potential career paths.
If you are interested in the fast growing automotive and transportation industry, including Auto Technician, Truck and Diesel Technician, Auto Collision Technician, Motorcycle and Boat Maintenance, as well as many engineering and fabrication industries, this course is for you.